Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Get to know me!


Hello! My name is Elise Coby and I am from Pennsylvania, I live about an hour north of Philadelphia on a horse farm with my family. I am a rising sophomore at High Point University and am majoring in journalism. I am also the Organizations Editor for High Point University's newspaper, The Campus Chronicle. The main focus of my studies here at High Point University is research and writing, as I have a passion for writing, but also science. After HPU, I hope to work for a job that allows me to publish articles and to write for magazines whether it's in research or writing about everyday life- or both! 

My two most proud accomplishments thus far would be the accomplishments of being accepted into High Point University as a student and the career I've had with my horse, Chase, in the show ring of horseback riding as a hunter/jumper. After just completing one year at High Point University, I have been offered countless opportunities to improve upon my education as well as opportunities to enhance and strengthen my writing skills for my future career in journalism. With all of this discovered in just a little bit under a year, I certainly can't wait to see what the next three years have to bring. My horse, Chase, lives in Pennsylvania and when I go home for breaks during the academic year, I try to see him and my team as much as possible. I have had Chase for a little bit over six years now. Going to horse shows with him brings me a great sense of accomplishment and joy in my life and it makes me realize that the competition is not always just about winning, but also doing things to experience events fully for enjoyment. I am blessed to have him.

 

Outside of class, along with being an equestrian, I am a track and field athlete, enjoy playing field hockey, and spending time with my family. Although home is in PA, I love attending college in sunny North Carolina and I hope to eventually move there!

 

Something fun/Interesting about myself is that I live on a horse farm, but on our farm, we also have 18 llamas! It can be quite strange to see the llamas next to the horses especially since there's so many of them, what an odd combination.

 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy my blog :)


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Online Presence

                                      My Digital Footprint    In today's blog, I will be discussing my online presence in social media. ...